Saturday, 30 November 2013

Sd Kfz 182 Pz. Bef. Wg Tiger Ausf. B "Ambush"

Good day once again

Quick update on camo work with the ambush spots. Some references have large spots of varying degrees of colors where others have little specks, most are artist impressions of the detail of the camo found on these beasts. Looking closely to photographic evidence I found most "spots are supple and faint with the sand color being predominate. I tried my best to represent this aspect in my paint work. Then again this is my impression of this paint work.
A clear coat of Model Master semi gloss lacquer was sprayed on prior to this stage. Tamiya acrylic paints were used doing the " spots".  Any over spray of "spots" were easily removed using Windex on a cotton bud.

Simple set of masks were made to use on this aspect of the paint work : Templates made out of small strips of cardboard lined with Tamaya tape to keep back the over spray. These were holed using a hole punch. 

Next stage , clear coat and decals.

No comments:

Post a Comment