Saturday 13 December 2014

Bridge Dio Part 4

I have finished the water elements for now. Top coat is a simple process of using Liquitex
super heavy medium gel . This is a artist acrylic that I find is easy to use .


 

 I found that experimenting before hand on a piece of plastic , you'll find a technic that suits your needs. I use a broad chisel brush and a fine blending brush. Study water flow pictures and try to capture how wind , current and direction would influence your waves. I wanted to capture a shallow river embankment with a slow current, there for a subtle wave pattern.


 Study water flow pictures and try to capture how wind , current and direction would influence your waves. I wanted to capture a shallow river embankment with a slow
current, there for a subtle wave pattern.

 
Working from one end to the other , the acrylic gel has a somewhat long working time , making ripples and waves it is easily sculpted. I find that it has a tendency to dry up in the brush after awhile , I then proceed to clean the brush with tap water and continue. As you can see in the following picture the gel sets and dries within 30 minutes. It turns clear when drying. If you happen to make an error during your process , wait till it dries and then peal off the unwanted area. The gel is easy to cut once dry and washes off surfaces with Windex.
 





 
 Just enough to get some current effect to enhance the top .Once fully cured after a 24 hour period I add a gloss coat of future floor wax.





 

 This concludes the water portion of this dio at this time , with a flurry of other elements in the works, stay tuned for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment